Monday, December 22, 2008

We're gonna save this........

Why do you think they call it dope?
Again.....why do you think they call it dope?
Nice work, eh?
Broken Seatpost with a chunk missing.......

I bought this VL frame at swap meet a few years ago, for a couple Hundred bucks. It was painted a nasty ol' kandy brandywine, and everything was covered in bondo. Well, I sent it out to sandblasting, and this is what came back.

As you can see, some drug addict in the '60's modified this for (I think) a Knucklehead. From what I understand, somebody was actually riding it around like this. It kinda looks like he got a cutting torch for his birthday, then he got a stick welder for Christmas.

The neck forging area is totally fucked, the seatpost is broken below the oil tank mount (because the engine wasn't mounted right), and he welded a later 4 speed mounting plate over the top of the original transmission plate - to name a few things wrong with it.

I stuck this away in the storage building, and figured I'd get to it one of these days. Well, this is one of these days, and things are slow around here, so why not? I think you'll find this interesting........

No comments: