Monday, June 14, 2010

It was what it was.....spectacular!

Photo courtesy Mark Kawakami/Joyrides Art Co.

I'm telling you, if you missed Born Free 2 this past weekend, you truly fucked up. Not only that, but now you're going to have to wait a whole year before you can see it happen again.

People came solo, and they came in packs. They rode in from a few blocks away, and they rode in from a few thousand miles away. But, everyone showed up together, and I (along with everybody else), had one of the best times to be had in a long time. The weather was picture-perfect, the food was great, the beer flowed freely, and I didn't see one single person that didn't have a smile on their face. What you can't see from this photo are the hundreds of bikes that couldn't get into the blocked off street, there just wasn't any room left to put them. So, they took up every nook and cranny they could park in for blocks around the show.

The bikes were all killer - I had a sensory overload looking at everyone's skill, craftsmanship, and ingenuity. I don't know when I've seen so many custom bikes that were RIDDEN into one place since the old days of Sturgis, it was just glorious. There just aren't enough superlatives to describe it all. And, to top it off, some lucky stiff rode off on a brand new Pan chopper as the grand raffle prize.

I met a couple hundred people that I otherwise never would have, that follow this blog, read my articles, and told me how much they appreciated my bikes. To all of you, thanks for making me feel like what I do makes a difference. To all my friends I ran across during the day, it was great to see you again. To my Sinner Brothers, I love you dearly, and our time together, as usual, was was too short. I miss you guys already!


To Harpoon, Grant, Mike Davis, and everybody else who pitched in and worked their asses off for months before, and all thru Saturday to make this event the success it was, my sincere thanks and admiration. You guys killed it.

6 comments:

Chris/Blue Collar Moto said...

Oh hell ya! What you said summed it up in a nutshell. Great seeing you and Steve out here again. Thanks for the pin! See ya in July. I hope.

Mark said...

Rich.

As always it's great to see you. Look forward to spending time with you next month up in your neck of the woods. I had a rough morning so sorry I wasn't up when you left. Glad you got on your way ok. Your always welcomed in my home.

grant said...

We just gave ytou all an excuse! But it did blow our minds as well!

Charlie Potatoes said...

Hey Rich, it was good seeing you at the show! See ya at Love Thy Chopper in a few weeks, I hope to have the Sporty ready!

mindpill said...

i`m still recovering....my head is spinning. good seeing you rich.

Guy@GK said...

Sorry I didn't get to talk to you/drink with you for longer Rich...