Monday, March 14, 2011

I need to correct my Mann/Powell posting........

As my mother always says:
"There was only ever one perfect guy, and you see what they did to him!"

I got a call from good friend Frank Kaisler. Frank just happened to be parusing my blog last night, and read my post on the David Mann/Rod Powell connection. It seems that Rod Powell (and myself) didn't have everything correct as far as David Mann owning Rod's '56 Chevy Sedan Delivery in the late '70's. Oops!

As Frank was kind enough to let me know, David Mann didn't actually own the '56 Sedan Delivery. It was actually owned by one of David Mann's close friends. If anybody should know, it would be Frank. Frank at the time the centerfold was painted was into his tenure with Easyriders magazine, and remembered Mann's friend driving it over to the EZ headquarters on several occasions. Frank said that Mann's buddy was the inspiration for the centerfold, and Mann never actually owned the '56, as Powell had thought. David Mann did however have custodial care of the SD for a while, while his buddy was down in San Diego for employment, and did drive it around quite frequently.

Oh well, 50 lashes with a wet noodle for me, for going on somewhat sketchy background info, I should have checked a little deeper. But hey, that's why magazines are always printing corrections and retractions. It happens sometimes.......thanks Frank, for the correct info.

2 comments:

tommy said...

No sweat, Rich. Like Rico says, "I don't lie, I take the truth and make it better"...

Jahluv said...

That's why you're a stand-up guy Rich...

When are you going to write a book?