Monday, August 3, 2009

The long-promised Von Dutch/Byrds picture

Way back on my blog here, I had said that Von Dutch had painted a bass drum head for Michael Clarke, of the Byrds. I knew I had the photo, but I couldn't remember where I had it when I made the blog post.

Well, I was again reading the voluminous compilation The Art Of Von Dutch, put out by Tornado Design in '06, and sure enough, there it was. 1966, at Dutch's home shop in Reseda, photographed by Barry Feinstein. L to R: an unidentified person, Chris Hillman, Von Dutch working, David Crosby in conversation with Dutch, Michael Clarke, and a girl ID'd as Catherine Cozzi - who is now married to former Lovin' Spoonful member John Sebastian.

3 comments:

mindpill said...

nice................

tiptopdadddy said...

Coolsville. Totally worth the wait Rich!

Chris K said...

Looks like ol'Kenny was using a phone book as a palette. You can also see the K-model seat stool to it's left. I really need to get that book.