Monday, April 13, 2009

By request......

A request from a follower of my blog in Italy. He originally saw these photos on the JJ, and asked if I'd post them here. My '54 KH/KR. The photos are from from 1975-76.

I put this together (literally) from several baskets, boxes, and milkcrates full of parts. It had a KR ball bearing bottom end, and a KH top. It originally had a WICO generator-mounted magneto. I couldn't find valve guides for it, so Jack Moss, the head mechanic for Harley of Denver (now Freedom H-D) took and cut down AMPCO Pan valve guides to work. The front frame section was K model, and the swingarm and shocks were '73 Sporty. The rear hub was a KR half spool laced to a 16" rim. The front was a K brake, with a 21" rim. Check the original K tail light!

This bike was a lot of fun - actually too much fun. I lost my license for two years on this bike for an "exhibition of speed/eluding a police officer/DWI" charge. It was all trumped up, I was innocent......

1 comment:

Vilmino said...

you have to be proud of it!