Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Finished....almost

The bends from Columbia River Mandral showed today. When I ordered them, I ordered 90 degree 3" radius bends, and at the last minute, I ordered an additional 90 degree 2 1/2" radius, and a 18 degree bend. I had a gut feeling I might need those, and I did. The 3" radius would have been too wide to make the tight bend, and the 18 degree bend mated perfect to the exhaust port angle. I'll tack the rear pipe together Tuesday when I'm back from Phoenix....or not.

I got two big boxes of backordered parts today, and another couple should be here tomorrow, for 3 different bikes going through here, so those have to come first. I'm extremely happy with the way the collector system came out, it's only the 3rd one I've ever done totally from scratch.


1 comment:

hdferg said...

It looks like it was worth the wait for those bends. Nice work.