Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mainframe.....

I snapped this photo at the end of the day, and I wish I'd taken a couple, but I was tired, and you'll get the idea. Wade's '05 Softie frame, for the most part, is hardtailed. All that's left is the rear crossmember for the transmission.

Part-timer Steve's been under the weather the last couple days, but he'll be here tomorrow to help me get the engine and transmission back into the frame again. From there we can size up the final transmission mount location, get it made and welded in, then it's out with the engine and trans again for the final welding underneath, then in with the engine and transmission one final time, to set up the rear wheel, drive sprockets, chain, and to locate the OEM rear caliper's brace location.

We'll also have to locate and weld in new rear oil tank mounts, mount the rear fender, and fab up Wade's sissy bar, but that's a little ways off.........

No comments: