Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Don't throw anything away......

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Take one roached-out set of JayBrake forward controls, some 5/16" plate, 1" DOM tubing, a length of 5/16" cold-rolled bar, and a fancy-schmancy Joker Machine MX footrest, and aftermarket female peg clevises.

Disassemble the forwards, save the brake pedal and pivot, master cylinder, and the heim joint. Utilize the original bung mounts for the Hellbent pipes to mount the master cylinder plate. Do a little cutting , TIG welding, and a little time on the drill press, and voila! One set of mid controls for a client's CFL. I'll show you the L/H side when I finish it up......

2 comments:

Roadside Marty said...

That looks bitchin as hell Rich!! Great job!

Flynch said...

That does look great! I just put a set of No School BMX footpegs on my FXR, but they grip a little too good and I really hate that they spin...This rocks Rich!