Sunday, October 24, 2010

A candid shot......

Photo courtesy of Vintage Dreams Blogspot

Ryan snapped this photo a couple weeks ago, when he came to pick up his finished-up VL frame, and custom oil tank I did for it. He was killing some time while I took care of a couple pinholes in his oil tank after I pressure tested it.

If you'll look closely, you can see a couple carry-overs from my old oxy/acetylene torch welding days - I still cut my filler rods in half, then bend one end of the filler rod over. That way I could tell which end of the rod I was using without lifting my hood to see. It's not necessary now with the auto-dark helmet, but I still do it. And, I still put my helmet on, then give it a "nod" down into position before I weld, even though I don't need to do that anymore, either. Old habits dye hard, my friends.

1 comment:

ALien POison said...

Rich the frame and oil bag etc are the collection of the nicest parts I've ever worked with thanks to you! I am getting it all together slowly over here. Thanks for everything.