Thursday, March 11, 2010

From Bob T......

In the beginning of Feb. on my blog I did a little piece on Bob Tronolone (Bob T), and in that I mentioned he still owns the bike in that old Supercycle article, and keeps it in streetworthy condition. Well, today I received an Emal from Bob T, and he was kind enough to roll it out, and shoot a picture for me.

How many guys do you, the reader, know that are still riding and tricking out the same bike they bought going on 38 years ago?

Thanks Bob, I really appreciate that. What a truly gorgeous bike!

Photo coutersy of Bob T

8 comments:

B Harlow said...

such a cool bike

Kevin "TEACH" Baas said...

A++++

Noot said...

Whoa !

Chris K said...

Nice purpose built chop. love the rear mag and he 65A mufflers.

Didn't he sell it and buy it back?

Irish Rich said...

I'm not sure, I was under the impression he's had it all along. Did you ask Keith Ball? He knows Bob T pretty well.

I know it was all red at one time......

Chris K said...

I read it some years ago on Bikernet. The old memory is shot but believe Bob wrote a piece about the story of the bike and how glad he was to get it back.

If I get a chance, I'll check his archives.

Chris K said...

Did a Google search within Bikernet.com for Bob T. and the first story that came up was it. Title, Lifetime Motorcycle Returns. Seems he sold it after 30 years to a friend and 4 years later got it back.

So he's "only" had it 34 out of 38 years.

cherie... said...

happy st patricks day from a fan of your blog x